The following criteria are applied to each application in order to allocate places.
Hertfordshire Education Authority – admissions criteria:
- Children in Public Care (children looked after) and children who were looked after, but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a residence order or a special guardianship order).
- Medical or Social: Children for whom it can be demonstrated that they have a particular medical or social need to go to the school.
- Sibling: Children who have a sibling on the roll of the school at the time of application (Reception through to Year 5). In Year admissions: the sibling may be in the school’s final year as long as they will still be in attendance at the time of admission.
- Children of staff: Children of staff directly employed by the school (from 2017).
- Nearest School: Children for whom it is their nearest community or voluntary-controlled school or an own admitting school or academy using Hertfordshire’s admission rules.
- Distance: Children who live nearest to the school.
- All children start Reception full time in the Autumn term (September).
Hertfordshire County Council’s Education Department deals with applications for Reception admissions. Providing that you live within Hertfordshire and have registered with a Hertfordshire GP, you should automatically receive information about the admission process. Please apply on-line at www.hertsdirect.org The school office can help with this if necessary.
If your child was born between 1st September 2012 and 31st August 2013, please apply for a Reception place online Applications can be made from 7th November 2016 until 15th January 2017. Places will be offered on 18th April and must be accepted by 2nd May.
- Children who are 4 years old between 1st September 2013 and 31st August 2014 will start Nursery part time in the Autumn term 2017.
Children may attend for 5 half days (mornings only) or 3 full days, which includes lunch club for which there is a small charge. Nursery applications are made via the HCC online system. Please note that parents will still need to apply for a Reception place even if their child is admitted to our Nursery class.
If your child was born between 1st September 2013 and 31st August 2014, please apply online at www.hertsdirect.org. Applications can be made from 6th February 2016 until 17th March 2017. The school office can help with this if necessary. Places will be offered on 25th April and must be accepted by 3rd May.
What happens next?
As soon as we know which children have been allocated to our Nursery and Reception classes each year, we write to our new parents and children to welcome them to our school and to explain our induction programme for them both.
Our induction programme consists of an information meeting to which we invite new parents and two visit sessions for new children to meet their teacher, see their new classroom and experience some of the activities they will enjoy when they join our school. There is obviously a lot of information to share with new parents so we have put together an induction pack which parents are given to take away after our first meeting.
In Year Admissions
The school will remain part of the county council’s coordinated In Year admissions scheme. Application forms can be accessed via www.hertsdirect.org/admissions or from the Customer Service Centre, 0300 123 4043.
You can find a copy of the School Admissions Appeals Timetable here.
If you would like to see our Prospectus click here.