The following criteria are applied to each application in order to allocate places.
Hertfordshire Education Authority – admissions criteria:
- Children in Public Care (children looked after) and children who were looked after, but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a residence order or a special guardianship order).
- Medical or Social: Children for whom it can be demonstrated that they have a particular medical or social need to go to the school.
- Sibling: Children who have a sibling on the roll of the school at the time of application (Reception through to Year 5). In Year admissions: the sibling may be in the school’s final year as long as they will still be in attendance at the time of admission.
- Children of staff: Children of staff directly employed by the school (from 2017).
- Nearest School: Children for whom it is their nearest community or voluntary-controlled school or an own admitting school or academy using Hertfordshire’s admission rules.
- Distance: Children who live nearest to the school.
- All children start Reception full time in the Autumn term (September).
Hertfordshire County Council’s Education Department deals with applications for Reception admissions. Providing that you live within Hertfordshire and have registered with a Hertfordshire GP, you should automatically receive information about the admission process. Please apply on-line at www.hertfordshire.org.uk The school office can help with this if necessary.
If your child was born between 1st September 2013 and 31st August 2014, please apply for a Reception place online Applications can be made from 6th November 2017 until 15th January 2018. Places will be offered on 16th April and must be accepted by 30th April 2018.
For Nursery Visit dates click here
- Children who are 3 years old (birthdays between 1st September 2014 and 31st August 2015) will start Nursery part time in the Autumn term 2018.
Children may attend for 5 half days (mornings only) or 3 days finishing at 1:50pm, with an option to pay an additional £4 per day to lengthen the day in line with the rest of the EYFS/KS1 children to 15:10pm. Children are able to bring a packed lunch from home or parents can purchase a hot school lunch at a cost of £ 2.50 per meal. Nursery applications should be made directly to the school using the following Application Form and Preferred Days Form (Please print and complete, then deliver to the school by the 16th March 2018). The school office can help with this if necessary. Places will be offered in April and must be accepted by the beginning of May 2018. Please note that parents will need to apply for a Reception place the following year even if your child is admitted to our Nursery class.
Our Admissions Policy for Nursery is attached.
More information is available at www.hertfordshire.org.uk.
What happens next?
As soon as we know which children have been allocated to our Nursery and Reception classes each year, we write to our new parents and children to welcome them to our school and to explain our induction programme for them both.
Our induction programme consists of an information meeting to which we invite new parents and two visit sessions for new children to meet their teacher, see their new classroom and experience some of the activities they will enjoy when they join our school. There is obviously a lot of information to share with new parents so we have put together an induction pack which parents are given to take away after our first meeting.
In Year Admissions
The school will remain part of the county council’s coordinated In Year admissions scheme. Application forms can be accessed via www.hertfordshire.org.uk or from the Customer Service Centre, 0300 123 4043.
You can find information regarding School Admissions Appeals here.
If you would like to see our Prospectus click here.